Small & Medium Enterprise
To be eligible for this category, candidates should be a profit-seeking enterprise with less than $100m in annual revenues. Companies with higher revenues may apply for the Large Corporation category.
This category is open to small and medium-sized enterprises. As an applicant, you should be an SME that has successfully introduced an innovative and distinctive solution to the renewable energy and sustainability industry. You have a clear plan for furthering that technology or solution. Maybe your business is in its early days, but we want to see that it’s viable and supported by a clear vision for both the short and long-term future.
Any company officially defined as an SME under national law in their country of origin may be included in this category.
- Candidate has developed or facilitated the development of disruptive technologies, innovative solutions, services, technologies or novel initiatives (these should be related to the renewable energy industry or sustainable development)
- Innovations developed by the company have been successfully adopted or implemented and have produced tangible industrial, social or environmental benefits
- A sustainable operating model for the long-term, financially, socially and ecologically
- A clear vision for the long-term future of energy and sustainability which helps shape current strategy and new initiatives
- Clear, significant and positive impact on the renewable energy and sustainability industry either in the development and dissemination of a solution, product or technology, or by affecting positive change through other means
- A tangible and scalable improvement to quality of life for individuals or communities
- Demonstrated commitment to furthering the renewable energy industry as a whole, for example through advocacy, stakeholder engagement, standards development, and so on
- Inspires people inside and outside the organisation to behave in a more environmentally sustainable way
- Commitment to raising awareness and supporting renewable energy and sustainability policy development in either the public or private sectors