NGO and Not-For-Profit Organisation
This category is open to not-for-profit organisations. Any non-profit organisation, NGO, industry association, research organisation, or international body may apply, provided that its operations have a direct impact on the renewable energy and sustainability industries. Note that companies operating for a profit should apply to one of the business categories (Large Corporation or SME).
As a candidate organisation, you should have made a clear technical, organisational or social impact in the world of renewable energy or sustainability. This may include the dissemination of a particular solution, the furtherance of technical knowledge, awareness-raising or policy development. We want you to inspire us with the impact and innovation of your work.
Key qualities in this Category:
- Clear, significant and positive impact on the renewable energy and sustainability industry either in the development and dissemination of a solution, product or technology, or by affecting positive change through other means
- A tangible and scalable improvement to quality of life for individuals or communities
- Demonstrated commitment to furthering the renewable energy industry as a whole, for example through advocacy, stakeholder engagement, standards development, and so on
- Candidate has developed a novel solution, service or initiative that improves the quality of human life and promotes sustainability or renewable energy
- Innovations developed by the NGO have been successfully adopted or implemented and have produced tangible industrial, social or environmental benefits
- Inspires people outside the organisation to behave in a more environmentally sustainable way
- Commitment to raising awareness and supporting renewable energy and sustainability policy development in either the public or private sectors
- Sustainable operating model for long-term growth and continued success
- Clear vision for the long-term future of energy, which drives on-going work and new initiatives