This category is open to an individual with an outstanding record of achievement in the renewable energy and sustainability sectors. Only candidates who have been nominated by a third party are eligible for this prize: self-nominations will not be considered.
Nominees may come from a variety of backgrounds, including academic, political, technical or business fields. A strong candidate will have made an exceptional impact on the industry or broader society with distinct personal achievements over at least a decade. They should be an inspirational individual, and through their leadership, the impact of their work will have reached far beyond their own actions and benefited the lives of many people.
Key qualities of this Category:
- Clear, significant and positive impact on the renewable energy and sustainability industry either in the development and dissemination of a solution, product or technology, or by affecting positive change through other means
- A tangible and scalable improvement to quality of life for individuals or communities
- Demonstrated commitment to furthering the renewable energy industry as a whole, for example through advocacy, stakeholder engagement, standards development, and so on
- Widely recognised as an outstanding and inspirational leader in their field, with much of the impact attributable to this individual having been brought about through other people, as a result of the applicant’s leadership.
- Founder or leader of initiatives or organisations that have, during the candidate’s tenure, had a magnified and significant impact in furthering the adoption of renewable energy or in sustainable development.
- Clear individual contribution to the development of disruptive, innovative solutions, services or initiatives with tangible benefits in the fields of business, technology, policy, academia, or other development activities
- Innovations have been successfully adopted or implemented and have gained real traction within the industry
- Clear vision for the long-term future of energy, which drives on-going work and new initiatives