To be eligible for this Category, nominees must be corporations with revenues exceeding $100m per year. Enterprises with lower revenues may apply for the SME/NGO category.
This category is open to large corporations that have made a significant contribution to renewable energy and sustainability. A strong candidate in this category will have a clear vision for the long-term future of energy and a coherent, financially and ecologically sustainable strategy for its own role in bringing about this future. It already receives significant revenues from clean energy and is experiencing strong growth in its clean-energy related business areas. The company and its management have exhibited strong thought leadership at the highest levels of the industry and are active in promoting sustainable business practices. Key qualities include:
- Major investments and business interests related to renewable energy and sustainability
- Sustainable and successful business model with continued strong growth
- A global presence at the forefront of its industry
- Introduction of products, solutions or services that have gained real traction in the industry
- An imaginative and inspirational vision for the future of renewable energy and sustainability
- A demonstrable interest in realising its long-term vision for the industry, for example by maintaining a long-term research and development programme
- Robust future growth strategy and large addressable market
- Outreach and communication programmes that aim to influence opinion and behaviour of consumers or businesses towards renewable energy and sustainability
- High-profile team with a clear thought-leadership role amongst industry peers
- Commitment to raising awareness and supporting renewable energy policy development
- Track record of developing innovative, unique products or solutions that improve quality of human life.