Small & Medium Enterprise
To be eligible for this category, candidates should be a profit-seeking enterprise with less than $100m in annual revenues. Companies with higher revenues may apply for the Large Corporation category. Any company officially defined as an SME under national law in their country of origin may be included in this category.
This category is open to small and medium-sized enterprises. As an applicant, you should be an SME that has successfully introduced an innovative and distinctive solution to the renewable energy and sustainability industry. You have a clear plan for furthering that technology or solution. Maybe your business is in its early days, but we want to see that it is viable and supported by a clear vision for both the short and long-term future.
Key qualities in this Category:
- Candidate has developed or facilitated the development of disruptive technologies, innovative solutions, services, technologies or novel initiatives (these should be related to the renewable energy industry or sustainable development)
- Innovations developed by the company have been successfully adopted or implemented and have produced tangible industrial, social or environmental benefits
- A sustainable operating model for the long-term, financially, socially and ecologically
- A clear vision for the long-term future of energy and sustainability which helps shape current strategy and new initiatives
- Clear, significant and positive impact on the renewable energy and sustainability industry either in the development and dissemination of a solution, product or technology, or by affecting positive change through other means
- A tangible and scalable improvement to quality of life for individuals or communities
- Demonstrated commitment to furthering the renewable energy industry as a whole, for example through advocacy, stakeholder engagement, standards development, and so on
- Inspires people inside and outside the organisation to behave in a more environmentally sustainable way
- Commitment to raising awareness and supporting renewable energy and sustainability policy development in either the public or private sectors